The Level 2 Support Engineer is a role that requires both technical knowledge and great communication skills. They will be working at the forefront of our ambitious and customer centred connected technologies business, dealing with clients issues patiently, yet proactively.
We are looking for an individual with the right drive and ambition, who thrives on teamwork and has the right attitude. They must be experienced in providing remote support to clients, being an escalation point to level one technicians and providing back-end support for our monitoring systems.
They would be joining a burgeoning team in our ambitious communications firm, one we hope has a positive culture around teamwork and shared goals as we work towards building the company in line with an ambitious vision.
- Escalation point for inbound calls from triage service desk.
- Point of contact for customer calls and emails to the service desk.
- Monitor, categorise, set priority of incoming tickets.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, 365
- Experience with web server technologies (Linux, Full LAMP Stack and supporting applications)
- Exposure to cPanel and Plesk Control Panel environments preferable
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Technical services and support of VoIP telephony solutions
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Remote Desktop Services
- System monitoring
- Support a wide variety of customer-specific line-of-business applications
- Support Business Continuity Suite monitoring and adaptive fix.
- System documentation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Work efficiently and productively to achieve and exceed SLA’s, KPI’s and profitability targets.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in our CRM as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule and project tasks within the CRM
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis
- Familiar with all Microsoft technologies – Office 365, Windows 7-10, Server 2008-2019, AD, Exchange, Hyper-V
- Familiar with Linux Technologies (Linux OS, LAMP
- Stack etc)
Proven methodology in fault finding and troubleshoot techniques
- Understanding of TCP/IP, WAN, LAN and Router technologies
- Strong understanding and technical background in an MSP
- Professional IT Certifications – MCP, MCSA, Vendor led qualifications
- Experience with VoIP telephony, both hosted and on premise
- Experience with Microsoft Azure technologies
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- Full driving license essential
- Can do attitude.
Self-starter, its not a job, it’s a career.
- Outstanding communications skills, the kind client love and want to call and speak to you.
- Friendly, polite and secretly geeky.
- Present an acceptable appearance at all times.
- To possess initiative with an inquisitive nature, unafraid to ask appropriate questions.
- Go the extra mile when needed – part of the team and extra hours if it gets the job done.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Service awareness of all client’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- As comfortable and able at supporting clients remotely as in person
What You Get:
- You’ll be part of a hard-working & dedicated team within Think One – a communications company connected through marketing, technology and digital businesses.
- You’ll have influence to improve processes and the bandwidth to use your experience in creating better business for our clients.
- We strive for a relaxed, friendly, collaborative approach to work.
- Encouragement to grow and develop.
- 28 days paid holiday.
- We run an evolving Think Perks scheme that includes bonus days off for outstanding work.
As Part of Our Think One Team You Should
- Aim for outstanding – this is the level we now expect across the business.
- Be collaborative – through combining creative ideas and shared imagination you can encourage and nurture outstanding output
- Embrace change – you should never be afraid to offer perspective – or ask others theirs. You remain open-minded and flexible, constantly looking for new ways to make things happen or in solving challenges
- Push for success – you are unafraid to try – and fail with a ‘nothing is impossible’ spirit, you should be resolute and tenacious enough to see things through and continuously push yourself and others to get the best results.
More About Us
Think Connect is an ambitious connected technologies business and part of communication company, Think One. With a hungry start-up mentality, its vision is to be a mid-market communications business of scale.
Set to embark on a new business plan, and the major focus for the Think One marketing strategy over the next 24 months, it already has momentum and some compelling advantages. For instance, our impressive hosting network and infrastructure, created initially for CloudSpace (our branded retail hosting business), including all its fibre network and multiple data centre presences (Slough, London Docklands and Maidstone). Combined, this has helped us form a new proposition based on the competences and competitive advantages the business naturally boasts.
Think Connect is the evolution from our Think Systems business and is being positioned as a new breed of technology company, differentiated to stand out in the marketplace. This plays to our over-arching strengths and competences as a collective communications company. Within Think One, Think Connect works synergistically alongside Think Studio (brand marketing agency), Think Digital (digital transformation development agency) and Think Compel (business consulting).
Our wider ‘communications’ experience and collective client growth has delivered new shared capability and confidence. Added to this we have picked up numerous new headline clients in recent years, including the Department of Transport project for Operation Brock, boosting our credibility to what we see as a gold standard.
Our development strategy centres on a collective mission in ‘creating better business’ – about supporting businesses to develop and grow, rather than on just delivering spot services. We are outcome focused. This we see offers clear and compelling differentiation from competitors, offers far greater market engagement scope and aligns with owner/decision maker ‘need-states’, such as; favouring future focussed IT investment over cost; solving productivity challenges over one-dimensional adoption of ‘latest’ innovation; fine avoidance over laissez-fait attitudes around compliance; and, more broadly, a growing strategic imperative around mitigating risk as part of business plans.
Another core marketing strength is our product and service agility, empowered by our network and cloud infrastructure and its capacity and flexibility, enabling highly customisable and scalable solutions to businesses of any size, including corporates.